Monday 24 March 2014

Catching Fire, Part II Review Questions

1. How does Katniss account for her lateness to the Peacekeepers whom she finds waiting at her
house? Why were they there in the first place?

2. What is the family book?

3. What is Katniss looking for on TV? Does she find it?

4. How does Katniss surmise that districts 4, 3, and 8 are rebelling? Which other districts are rebelling?

5. What are the rules of the upcoming District Quell? How will this affect Katniss?

6. What is Katniss’s plan for the upcoming Hunger Games? What is Peeta’s plan?

7. How do the other tributes react to Katniss at the opening ceremonies? Why do they react this way?

8. What does Katniss do to “impress” the game-makers this time around? Why does she do it?

9. What do the other victors discuss in their interview speeches? How are the speeches an acts of 
dissent?

10. Figurative Language:

“I remain at the window long after the woods have swallowed up the last glimpse 
of my home. This time I don’t have even the slightest hope of return.” p. 188 – 
 
“Let them go, I tell myself. Say good-bye and forget them. I do my best, thinking of 
them one by one, releasing them like birds from the protective cage inside me, 
locking the doors against their return.” p. 189 – 

What type of figurative language is represented in each of these? Why did the author use this? 

No comments:

Post a Comment