1. What technique does Katniss use to refocus her mind?
2. Why does Katniss say the trip to District 12 was not a complete waste?
3. What convinces Katniss to be the Mockingjay? Why?
4. Which of Katniss’ demands creates the largest argument? Why do you think the
leadership of District 13 would oppose it?
5. How does District 13 intend to use Katniss? To do what?
6. What brings the old Finnick back around in Chapter Six?
7. What are the rebellions plans for overthrowing the Capitol? What is the end result
8. What do the descriptions of the people from the Capitol remind you of in our population?
9. In the end, what was so important about Katniss’ visit to the warehouse?
10. What does Katniss learn about Gale’s rantings towards the Capitol from her experience in
11. Why did Finnick cover up the fact that he and Katniss saw the second interview with
12. What seems to be the only way Gale can get Katniss’ attention? Why does this signify
about their relationship?